If you happen to be on the other side of the fence where you are still struggling to quit cigarettes or tobacco, think again. Many of you’ll consider it to be an issue which could be later on dealt with, however the studies and evidence suggests otherwise and informs you that you lack time.
It is not to say that it could be given up easily, but nevertheless certain knowledge regarding the same can help you make better choices.
- There are around 1.1 billion religious smokers in domain today. According to WHO research, if this trend goes on, the estimation could go upto1.6 billion in next 5 years.
- Tobacco could kill approx 6 million people every year, translating to a death in every 5 seconds, as a consequence of malaria, HIV, and tuberculosis combined. Hence, many people are switching to the alternate of smoking e-cigarettes or e-liquids.
- Unites States had around 37.8 million tobacco users in the year 2016
- On an average it cuts thirteen years of one’s life expectancy, and if one is diagnosed with HIV then it goes up till sixteen years.
- Tobacco is the issue covering and impacting the poor people in a stronger way. As a matter of fact, around 80% smokers are below the poverty line, whereas, rest 20% of tobacco users are above it.
- China consists of 300 million tobacco users who roughly consume 3 million cigarettes every minute.
- Globally, every minute 10 million tobacco are bought, approx fifteen billion are daily sold, and up to 5 trillion are manufactured and used each year.
- A quintessential cigarette is home to 8 or 9 milligrams nicotine.
- Tobacco smoke contains 4000 chemicals, of which around 250 are greatly harmful, 50 are cancer causing, 11 are classified to be under group I carcinogens.
- Radioactive lead, hydrogen cyanide, and polonium are found in tobacco. History recognizes the item hydrogen cyanide to be a compound actively used in the world war as an agent of genocide.
- Tobacco in the US economy costs around three hundred billion dollars every year, of which one seventy billion is put for medical care, and around one fifty six billion, is imputed to productive loses due to death or illness.
- While quite few youngsters smoke cigarettes in U.S, teenagers over 3,200 try their hand at this every day, which says that around 2,100 among them will become chain smokers.
- Only 20% of the global population are protected by tobacco laws and uses, mostly in countries that have high-income
- The tobacco industry leaves no stone unturned when it comes to the marketing of the product and spends around millions and billions of money on the same
- WHO (world health organization) concluded saying half the smokers may die using tobacco
However, these facts also include the fact that there are still vast number of adults who are trying to quit tobacco, while some are miserably failing in these attempts, many have actually succeeded in quitting it on time.…